Initial focus will be on Data Center Optimization (DCO) migrations of Dedicated Customer devices at assigned locations.
Following existing documented DCO processes and using existing design templates. Provide recommendations to improve same.
Working with the assigned DCO Engagement Manager, the account team, and the specific customer to develop a migration strategy and detailed migration plan. For each migration, this lead role will:
• Validate in scope devices to be migrated
• Understand the total customer environment at the data center
• Understand the usage, configuration, and interdependencies of the environment
• Understand customer constraints
• Develop migration strategy in consultation with the appropriate technical teams, account team, and customer
• Based on the above, create the Detailed Migration Plan (DMP) in consultation with the appropriate technical teams
• Act as the lead during the actual migration
In parallel, for the devices to be moved, working with the assigned resources, plan each physical migration:
• Validate and document the current physical environment for the devices to be migrated
• Document the target physical environment for the devices to be migrated
• Validate physical capacity at target, reserve capacity for planned migrations
• Act as on-site lead for physical migrations
This role is often required to work evenings and weekends to support actual migrations.
• Experience with data center infrastructure, compute, storage, virtualization, databases, and networking.
• Experience with planning, designing, and executing physical data center migrations.
• Experience with application hosting design
• Experience supporting projects with multiple project teams
• Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts
• Demonstrated understanding of customer business needs in support of data center program objectives
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks
• Experience documenting data center changes including project plans, architectural plans, CMDB usage and various enterprise class project tracking and reporting tools
• Experience with data floor space, power, cooling, and air flow planning
• Perform physical audits as required
• Suggest opportunities to improve data-center migration processes and increase program efficiency by identifying and executing data-center migration optimization opportunities
• Experience with: DCIM, Netquery, Remedy, Vantive, NEST,
• Effective communications skills, ability to interact with customers and extended support teams
• Ability to explain complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook