A pioneer in space exploration, our client has been tackling the most challenging projects in the industry for over 20 years. This is an organization that focuses on the mission….building a road to space for all mankind’s present and future generations. As a part of a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety, this position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight.
As part of a new and growing IT Service Desk team, the Service Desk Technician will apply their skills by providing technical support to internal users over the phone, through the ticketing system, and in-person. Candidates must have a passion for managing a large workload under tight deadlines as this team provides support for all of the teams that design and build our space vehicles. The IT Support Service Desk Technician is a member of the Information Technology department and reports directly to the Helpdesk Supervisor (West Region).
- Maintain a presence at the Helpdesk during business hours.
- Actively work in the online ticketing system to triage, respond, and route tickets to the appropriate teams in a timely manner to maintain department service level agreements.
- Answer incoming calls during business hours to gather the necessary information to create a ticket on the customer’s behalf.
- Creating documentation and provide feedback on existing documentation to assist in building or updating processes.
- Occasionally field walk-up requests and 1st level Helpdesk duties.
- Two or more years of experience in IT, customer service, or related technical fields
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers at all levels
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to prioritize, execute, and make sound decisions in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to document standard work and cross-train as needed
- Able to quickly adapt to fast changing priorities and deadlines
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A+, NET+, Security+ or comparable certifications
- Previous call center experience, especially supporting high volumes of calls
- General awareness of troubleshooting computer systems, Microsoft Office products, and VPN solutions
- Self-starter with high energy and a desire to learn