Our client is the oil and gas industry’s answer for a trusted outsourcing partner. They are a leading consulting firm in the Houston area and they're looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their team!
This position is primarily responsible for financial accounting and treasury functions, which include monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting and reporting activities for their customers.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in Oil and Gas Accounting is required.
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Experience with Bolo, Enertia, Quorum or W Energy would be desirable.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications specifically Word, Excel, PowerBI and SharePoint
- Preparing financial statements and consolidations
- Completing depletion, depreciation, and amortization journal entries.
- Completing recurring general and administrative journal entries.
- Calculating and recording ARO Accretion.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts monthly.
- Maintaining payout calculations.
- Recording accrual journal entries.
- Responding to client inquiries.
- Ensure client accounting closing schedules are met.
- Ensure internal controls are followed and assist with internal and external audits.
- Conduct business following the highest ethical standards.
- Meet deadlines and be able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: