The Owner Relations Lead reports directly to the VP of Land. The overarching responsibility of this role is to ensure that the Owner Relations function is being performed with excellent quality and a reasonable resolution timeframe. The right individual will have excellent organizational skills and be able to follow as well as create well-defined processes and procedures.
The Owner Relations Lead should be able to build good relationships with our client counterparts, their royalty owners, land owners, partners, and vendors. The Owner Relations Lead will perform verification of owner’s information in the system, update mailing addresses or ACH information, along with creating new Business Associates (BA) numbers. They will also assess all requests that come to Owner Relations and route Accounting and Land questions to the correct individual handling the client account as appropriate.
- Communicates with working interest and royalty interest owners, as well as vendors, routing their inquiries to Revenue, JIB or AP within the organization for resolution.
- Analyze and review the setup and maintenance of all the new and existing business associates including vendors, service providers, joint interest owners, and royalty owners in the business associate database.
- Have a strong understanding of 1099 reporting and how BA setup/changes impact that reporting.
- Verify addresses for undeliverable checks and collaborate with the appropriate division order analyst to ensure the owner account is suspended.
- Interact with Division Order, Land and Accounting Resources to resolve questions related to business associate setup or payment processing issues.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Support the yearly 1099 reporting process
- Establish efficient and effective processes for the team in an effort to drive low case count and time to resolution
- Establish analytical dashboards and reporting mechanisms to create transparent caseload tracking and monitoring of individual team members
- Ability to Manage and train a team of customer-oriented individuals to open cases, obtain answers and respond or route in a timely fashion, owner relations inquiries
- Provide Owner Relations Training to new hires during orientation week
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple departments including division order, accounting, and operations.
- Exceptional research, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize
- Superior customer relations skillset, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong ability to learn new tools/technology quickly
- Ability to adhere to stringent compliance requirements
- Ability to complete work accurately and on a timely basis
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years related oil and gas industry experience preferred (e.g., accounting, division order, owner relations, risk management, etc.).
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing the following accounting software and tools a plus: W Energy, Quorum, Bolo, OGSys, Landdox, M-Files, Open Invoice, or ConnectWise Manage