Corporate Accountant: Responsible for financial accounting and treasury functions.
This role is responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting and reporting activities for EAG Services and EAG 1Source. The person in this role is expected to demonstrate daily the appropriate analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to fulfill the responsibilities outlined below and generate quality results. Strong organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate to individuals at all levels of the organization are essential along with the ability to work as part of a team.
This position is responsible for ensuring quality outcomes for the following activities:
- Reconciling general ledger accounts monthly.
- Recording cash deposits and completing bank account reconciliations monthly.
- Submitting Positive Pay and ACH files to client banks.
- Completing depletion, depreciation, and amortization journal entries.
- Completing recurring general and administrative journal entries.
- Recording monthly accrual and revenue allocation journal entries.
- Assisting Controller with preparation of financial statements and consolidations.
- Ensure accounting closing schedules are met.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in Microsoft Excel and Power Pivot.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications specifically Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI and SharePoint.
- Conduct business following the highest ethical standards.
- Meet deadlines and be able to work in a dynamic environment.
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Corporate Accounting is required
- Experience with Sales Tax and related monthly/quarterly payments and submissions a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks, M-Files, and Open Invoice is desirable
- Experience with W Energy software and basic oil and gas accounting knowledge is ideal but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivated
- Aptitude to learn new technology, products, and concepts
- Must be based in Houston
- Must be eligible to work for ANY employer in the United States; we are unable to sponsor H1B applicants at this time