Senior Revenue Accountant Summary:
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant with onshore mid-continent operated and non-operated revenue accounting and gas balancing experience.
Senior Revenue Accountant Responsibilities:
The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for handling all aspects of oil and gas revenue accounting including but not limited to:
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Property master review.
- Coordinating with Production Accounting and understanding production allocations, ensuring revenue settlements are booked in alignment of that data.
- Coordinating with Title and Lease Administration on Division of Interest maintenance and ownership transfers.
- Managing revenue related cash receipts and reconciliation to purchasing statements for product sales.
- Verifying revenue contract pricing.
- Analyzing sales volume determinations and meter volume data
- Recording revenue and revenue related taxes and deducts for all products for both operated and non-operated properties.
- Generating revenue sales accruals.
- Compiling and creating gas balancing statements.
- Creating shipper statements for midstream clients.
- Processing Prior Period Adjustments (PPA’s).
- Reporting and payment of state and federal royalty and tax obligations.
- Coordinating with Production Reporting to reconcile production and revenue reporting to state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Conducting revenue reconciliations and variance analysis for purchaser receivable, royalty, suspense, taxes payable accounts, etc.
- Participating in period closing activities, including processing of Prior Period Adjustments (PPA’s).
- Assisting with owner relations inquiries.
- Following internal procedures and internal control policies.
- Assisting in internal and external audits.
- Assisting in other oil and gas accounting activities and special projects as needed, such as annual 1099 report generation and escheatment activities.
- Assisting in the training of entry level revenue accountants.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field of study is required.
- 3-7 years of experience in onshore/offshore revenue accounting including calculating and submitting severance taxes, filing ONRR and State regulatory reports plus exposure to other aspects of oil and gas accounting (JIB, Production Accounting, Financial Reporting)
- Detailed understanding of the revenue distribution process.
- Detailed understanding of gas balancing and pricing.
- Working knowledge of plant and pipeline statements.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (pivot tables, lookup, vlookup functions).
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word.
- High attention towards detail and accounting analysis.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and excellent organization skills
- Experience operating within a team.
- Experience with revenue accounting systems such as SAP, Bolo, Excalibur, Enertia and/or Waterfield.