JIB Accountant Summary:
Our client located in Downtown Houston is currently seeking a Joint Interest Accountant to join their team. This person will oversee and provide technical guidance to all personnel responsible for accounts payable and joint interest accounting. The Joint Interest Accountant is accountable for managing the monthly joint interest billing processes including AFEs, accounts payable, accounts receivable and internal reporting activities for customers. The person in this role is expected to demonstrate daily the appropriate managerial, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to fulfill the responsibilities outlined below and generate quality results.
JIB Accountant Required Skills/Experience:
JIB Accountant Roles & Responsibilities:
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in E&P Joint Interest Accounting required. Experience with Bolo, Enertia, Quorum or Waterfield would be desirable.
JIB Accountant Benefits & Perks:
- Coordination of new assets into the accounting system as a result of acquisition and drilling activities.
- Review and posting of all joint interest transactions including AFE budget and actual data, cost allocation accuracy and function, material transfers, overhead calculations, owner netting, and owner billing statements.
- Review of non-operated billing statements.
- Review and management of the accounts payable coding and payment process and check register preparation.
- Oversight of vendor management within the accounting system.
- Review and management of 1099 preparation and filing for vendors.
- Review of joint interest billing receipt application.
- Responding to client and working interest owner inquiries.
- Ensure client accounting closing schedules are met.
- Ensure internal controls are followed and manage internal and external audits.
- Mentor team members and assist in training as needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI and SharePoint.
- Conduct business following the highest ethical standards.
- Meet deadlines and be able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: